Anyone else Can't Win??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
This may be a rant but anyone else just feel like sometimes they can't win. I've been chasing brake issues around for a month now and just can't make any progress. Went to bleed them and the rear lines leaked so I made new lines and some of those flares leaked so I made new ones again and a brake hose failed. Haven't even got to test if those new lines are good or not because went to bleed them after the brake hose fail and my Master Cylinder went bad, so I changed that and replaced the porportioning valve. Now my two front lines coming out of the porportioning valve are leaking. Seriously I just can't win, I have even gotten to drive and can't get these brakes working...

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
It happens, you end up chasing your tail because everything you fix reveals another weakness elsewhere.
Are you making your lines with Cupro Nickel tubing?, I have made miles of brake lines with it over many years with almost 100% success.
Look on the bright side, with a new master cylinder, proportioning valve, and all new lines it will be a long time before you have any more issues. :)

Roger.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
I feel your pain and I second what Rusty said. You will now have a brand new braking system. Once all the kinks are worked out and frustration subsides rejoice in having a new reliable and safe system.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
it will always be something... 30 year old cars tend to have a few issues...but, once they are fixed, its the next guys hassle in another 30 years... lol

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I agree. All new components with properly double flared lines should outlast you and the car. The correct double flare tool makes it easy, and after a few you will be an expert. Be sure to use the proper unions for long runs. Compression fittings are not adequate for brake lines. Others can disagree, but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
I'm using those green coated lines, I am double flaring them but I was using an old hand flare tool. I have made them plenty of times before and never had issues I did my truck, couple friend vehicles back home and when I was at my vocational school I did all the brake lines but I had a hydraulic flare tool at school and back home. I'm gonna check today to see if my college has a hydraulic flare tool or if they just have hand ones. Maybe I will get luck and they will have one of those bench vice ones that make the perfect flare every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor