anyone else had bad experiences with Rockauto ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
Basically, I put an old billing address in (during checkout) a couple times, (i move frequently) and got locked out. After updating the info with my bank, Rockauto still couldnt (or wouldnt) do anything to help. When talking to a phone rep, he told me, all they know how to do is check order status and look up the same info the customer has access to (basically means their customer service is non existent).
I even tryed a different payment option, with paypal, and their website still had me blocked. Called them again, and this phone rep was a complete d!ck.
I've ordered a ton of parts online over the years, spent a small forture in the process, and I've never had a customer service experience this bad before. I was seriously angry when it was all over.
I then went on a different website, who sold the same ACC carpet, picked the color I actually wanted (rockauto only had 5 color choices), and it was only $10 more with shipping.
I know I can't be the only one in the world who had a bad experience with these guys. With the customer service I witnessed, there has to be a few......unless bad customer service just happens to follow me these days

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I've been using them for years and any trouble was promptly sorted out. Usually a box arrived empty, or the part was the wrong one, but they just sent a replacement right along with no drama.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I've never had a bad experience with them. I have also never had an issure with anything I bought, so I have no clue what their customer service is like.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Same here. Never had a problem personally. My buddy ordered a radiator for his Volvo and brought it over for me to install. When we pulled it out of the box it was bent like something heavy was stacked on it. Likely a shipping issue that had nothing to do with Rockauto. He called them and explained what happened. They said, "throw it in the dumpster" and shipped a replacement to his door in less than 24 hours. Never asked for proof and it cost him nothing extra. That's the closest thing I've ever had to a problem with Rockauto.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Never had an issue and they have always been helpful in sorting out any issues or mistakes I've had over the years.

Sorry to hear you had a bad customer service

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Ordered 4 shocks for my camino, installed them n when I got to the last one it was wrong. Had a metal sleeve inside the bottom mount hole, removed with vice grips and installed. No problems after 5 months and I never bothered to call so.... I'd buy from them again

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I have not had any trouble with them either.

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
I have used them 4 or 5 times,never had a problem.I woulduse them everytime i needed parts,if it wasn"t for the wait.Did you ask for a supervisor?Most of the time if you ask for a supervisor their attitude changes.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A friend of mine here in Canad has used them a few times and no problems. He brags about the great prices and the fast service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor