Anyone Else See This???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
wtf was a disabled 66 year old working the Super Bowl as a security guard????

http://time.com/5213434/michael-bennett-indictment-injury-elderly/

"Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett was accused Friday in an indictment of rushing onto the field at last year’s Super Bowl and injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic woman working as a security guard, Texas prosecutors said Friday."

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Amazing ... they needed a grand jury for this? I hope there's more to the story but in my opinion:
1) Unless at some point she said "I'm 66" I think the "injuring the elderly" charge is BS
2) I want to know more about her status as "security" -- rent-a-cop or peace officer or sworn deputy or what? If her badge isn't somehow connected to a government entity then he has no reason to listen to her

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Kinda seems suspect that they don't list what the injury was, the severity, or if hospitalization was required. Wonder if it boils down to WHO got pushed and their relationship with someone in power. Sounds like a security gig like that gets you a good view of the field.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I know if I needed security for something my first choice would be a paraplegic no wait a corpse wtf how much security can an old woman in a wheelchair provide?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Not to be a dick but what kind of security can a 66 year old paraplegic woman provide unless she has a mini-gun strapped to her or swords for arms?

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Michael Bennett is a known bully and all around bad person. I once seen him tackle a guy on the field just because he had a ball in his hands.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
Kinda seems suspect that they don't list what the injury was, the severity, or if hospitalization was required. Wonder if it boils down to WHO got pushed and their relationship with someone in power. Sounds like a security gig like that gets you a good view of the field.

Shoulder injury
No relationship

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
This is what I know

The woman was there to help check if and such
He was to be allowed entrance into the field. But he needed to use the correct entrance. Not the one he was at. She was advising him of this

He began to yell at her ect
Eventually knocked her to the ground

The charge is injury to the elderly

All charges class b and above including this felony charge go through a grand jury in Texas no exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor