Anyone ever Dyno'd their V6 G-Body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever run their stock or mostly stock 231 V6 G car on a dyno. If so, have you kept the sheet? I'm just curious as to how pathetic they are after 30 years. Thanks in advance

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Don't know if anyone would waste their money on the dyno - I have run 3 different stock v-6's down the 1/4 and they ran 19.0 to 19.2 which is a whooping 100 hp

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I did and they had to use legal sizer paper cause it was below the graph.....

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My butt dyno says it was around 70hp to the ground before the v6 blew in my regal. It also matched with my 1/4 times.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
19 seconds is something to laugh at but you know we took the Regal to the Halloween Classic because we had broke the race car and the event was already paid for and it is a week long party. Weather is always a factor there and long story short the car was deadly and we left on Sunday with 3 live entries in races cause of weather, it didn't look like they were going to get the races in till Mon. We took the Regal into town one night rather than unhooking the enclosed and had a time getting back in w/o a car pass, they wouldn't believe it was are race car.

81a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor