anyone ever hear 8 into 1 headers in person or know info about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
As I said before ,this was a research project right now trying to find out more info. Well something else new popped up on an old thread on LS1 tech. Someone with an LS powered drift car, which did start out with 8 into 1 headers, came up with something simpler to get that sound. He did true equal length headers in optimum firing order location set up with a 2 into 1 merge immediately after headers, giving a similar effect to the 8 into 1 deal. See post 52 & the video & Instagram link on post 53.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/135478-how-get-exotic-sound-3.html

So , possibly I may be able to continue with my tri-y headers I started on & modify the ends to merge together immediately into another 2 into 1 merge. I'll be patient & see what other info pops up on doing things this way.

This is why some of us do extra research before starting a project.

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Did a little more looking into exhaust lately since I been too sick to work much on the widebody last few weeks..

This guy Nick Kautz has several versions of exhausts he's done on you tube. The BMW has an older 5.0 Ford 302, which has the same firing order as my LS engine. One version was what I'd call a tri-y crossover 180, not true 180 headers, but similar sound. Latest version is the tri-y headers with triple x-pipes, which sounds pretty good. His tri-y's don't have the same cylinder merging as mine, but they seem to get the job done. Waiting to see what he comes up with after swapping an LS in place of the ford 302.
His 180 system.

Also a similar system on an ls swap, but not probably not as equal length headers.

Also of interest in getting similar sound is nascar boom tube/ x-pipe setup used after true equal length headers.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Did a mini project this weekend & made a triple x-pipe from modifying an existing part & some scrap used pipe. Plan just for now is to make a test fit adapter to my side exhaust just to see what sort of difference it makes with existing crappy headers.
As effin usual ran out of weekend.
20190503_224041.jpg
20190504_211730.jpg
20190506_204456.jpg

Attachments

• 20190504_213748.jpg
    20190504_213748.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
unnamed.jpg

Made me remember this thread. Notice the packaging restraints

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
Have you googled it ?I did and several sites came up.And maybe someone in the road race community might have some thing

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It's more about the sound on the street. When you hear a wierd exhaust note, c*ck your head to the side , and wonder what s making that awesome sound.
I'm all for it. I have even tried it, still want to finish it, and think it would be uber cool.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Yea, I googled the crap out of this & similar subjects before; which led me to doing equal length tri-y headers I already have in mock up stage followed by triple x-pipes as done in post 52 instead of more invasive piping.
Just haven't had any time in months for any of my projects. I just need time to follow through. Making headers is super time consuming. I did since see there is a cerakote air dry coating I could do myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor