Anyone Ever Hear Of This Guy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Those pods look pretty trick. Is the A pillar different on the wagon compared to the other models?
I know there is a full A pillar with 3 gauge openings. I want to say gbodyparts has them, I know I've seen them on ebay.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Other than the wagon and coupe A-pillars being different, the angle is different as well. The coupe or El Camino A-pillars are more angled than the wagon or 4-dr sedan which are a bit more upright.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I know there is a full A pillar with 3 gauge openings. I want to say gbodyparts has them,
I bought one of those full 3 gauge A pillars a few years back and sent it back, it didn't have the outer edge that wraps around where the window seal is which could be seen from the outside of the car, it looked unfinished and was flimsy. I ended up using a 2 pod and mounting it to my original piece.
IMG_1450.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I bought one of those full 3 gauge A pillars a few years back and sent it back, it didn't have the outer edge that wraps around where the window seal is which could be seen from the outside of the car, it looked unfinished and was flimsy. I ended up using a 2 pod and mounting it to my original piece.
View attachment 78251
Good to know! I was curious about the full pillar pod. Mine are all in the dash as you most likely have seen, but back in the day I had the dual pod seen in this throwback pic lol.....
20171008_191543.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Good to know! I was curious about the full pillar pod. Mine are all in the dash as you most likely have seen, but back in the day I had the dual pod seen in this throwback pic lol..... View attachment 78252

My original plan was to put the nitrous fuel and line pressure gauges in the back of cowl hood opening but Autometer advised against it if there was a possibility of them being exposed to water or moisture so I went with the pillar pod and then wired the lighting for them on a separate toggle switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor