Anyone ever heard of/used Polyvance to reapair a dash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I find them fairly often, but haven't pulled one because most don't want to pay for shipping, which would be expensive, and won't drive to pick it up. Between cost for me to get it, making a crate to ship it, and actual shipping, they would start at $750 & it seems most people won't pay that much.
I can see your point, and I don't blame you one bit. It's a time consuming endeavor, plus in many cases they get damaged in shipping, despite constructing a secure crate for them., which no one would want to pay for.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Right after I bought my wagon I found a mint Monte dash on CL. It wasnt cheap. Bought it, put it in the back seat of my truck on quilts. I had the thing sitting in my garage for months. WAY over where it was safe. I came into the garage carrying a 10 or 12' 2x4 that I was going to put between two step ladders so I could hang suspension parts from it and paint them. I was on my cell phone. Didnt pay attention, swung the 2x4 around and put a nice sized hole in the top of that mint dash. Pretty much dead center. Needless to say I didnt feel too good at that point. In the end I picked up another dash from CT G Body and the cracked one went with Fridays garbage pickup.

• Wow

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If I recall, several members were pretty successful repairing their cracked dashes. ..and they looked good, too. I think half the battle is trying to replicate the grain, or come close.

Yea there are a few. I am thinking Injectedcutty & Turna have posted dash repairs but I haven't revisted the reapair postings yet.

• Agree

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I got my crack free, still soft vinyl dash out of a Monte at the local u pull it yard for $28. Had it for years, thru a divorce, several moves, and somehow it wasn't damaged. Finally put it in maybe 6 years ago

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor