Anyone ever use "Eastwood Internal Frame Coating"

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
Anyone ever use "Eastwood Internal Frame Coating Rust Prevention" before? I have a t-top cutlass and want to spray this in the area between the metal for the t-top frame. Eastwood said this is what they would use just curious if anyone here has used this and if so thoughts?

Or has anyone else use another product to protect this area?

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I used it a few months ago. Here's a few pics from my build thread. I only had one can and it was just enough to do my rear rails thoroughly. I guess it's ok for what it is. I highly suggest taping off the frame holes when you use it. You have to spray it from several different areas inside the frame to get a good coating.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I used it on my subframe - pretty much same opinion as G-body_vet
You will need to use several different holes in the frame to get full coverage - the hose will only reach so far. Also agree on taping up the holes to avoid getting excess on the outside of the frame if those parts are already painted. I taped up the holes in my frame, but it still leaked through a little. The stuff kind of sprays all over when you hit the trigger.

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
I used about 2 cans on my Cutlass and I would recommend it. It can be messy. I also used the Eastwoods inner panel for the trunk drop offs and and inside panel I could get to.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
I have mine ,Havent used it yet. Plan on using it on the inner trunk lid,Where the bottom of the trunk lip is starting
to rust from the inside. The car has already been rust proof so the hole's are already there. And my car has T-Tops
also would like to do that area to if I can figure out how to get up in there.
Gbarrie.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
silverfox said:
I am going to use the Sunvisor holes and shove the hose up in there and let it rip hopefully this will work and will not glue any screws in so when i replace the seals i can still get the plates off with no problems.
Good Idea,I'll try that maybe take the screws out or tape it up.
Gbarrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor