• Chevelle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
I always liked the front of the malibu more then the rear. My car came without any rear panels (tail lamps and whatnot) I was thinking of getting a knockoff tail panel from maybe an older a body or fbody and making a rear panel with led lights or something. I know foose did something with an el camino. Kinda want to let my daughter pick one she likes and get her to do the work. I've taught her to mig, now we just got a plasma cutter.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I remember a guy on the Maliburacing site that used Foxbody Mustang taillights on his Malibu coupe. They looked really good and natural on his car. I don't know how much fabrication work was involved, but it's worth exploring.

Reactions: 1 user

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
One of my thoughts was maybe the newer mustang lights that are led and sequential

• Creative

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I remember a guy on the Maliburacing site that used Foxbody Mustang taillights on his Malibu coupe. They looked really good and natural on his car. I don't know how much fabrication work was involved, but it's worth exploring.

That is just gross.

• Agree

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That is just gross.
Mike,
If you had seen the way it was done and what it looked like, you'd think otherwise. They looked almost similar to Malibu taillights.

Oh...and the guy was Canadian, too. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it... :p

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike,
If you had seen the way it was done and what it looked like, you'd think otherwise. They looked almost similar to Malibu taillights.

Oh...and the guy was Canadian, too. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it... :p

Canadians are smoking lots of things that would make it seem acceptable to put Mustang tail lights on a Malibu.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I just did 87-68 Firebird taillights in my wagon tailgate. What they didn't show on Overhaulin was the large inner structure piece that they bolt to. I bought a Goodmark tailpanel and cut it up to get what I needed. One HELL of a lot of work fabbing it all together

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Canadians are smoking lots of things that would make it seem acceptable to put Mustang tail lights on a Malibu.

Cheech and Chong were a riot. Up in smoke was funny as hell.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor