Anyone going to the Dream Cruise next weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heading up with my brothers and some friends. The past two years I bumped into a local guy that's a member here, he has an 84 HO. I don't have my 442 done yet so I am borrowing my nephew's WS6 like I did last hear.

Another year in the books, nice weather. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pics. Should be lots of stuff on You-tube in next few days. Pontiac was out of control! Awesome burnouts around the north end. Three guys in our group got pulled over for doing burnouts, but the cop was great, he said "I'm gonna pull ahead about five spots so I won't be able to turn around, but I'll still be able to hear you. I want to hear that car."

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
First time for me this year. I was impressed at the variety of different makes and models. People everywhere and a few of them had that stereotypical self deserving, me first Detroit attitude (insert in appropriate gesture here). Without a doubt the biggest car show I've ever seen. Now that I've seen it I'll likely stay closer to home. This weekend Grand Rapids has the 28th street Metro Cruise which is likely the biggest show in West Michigan.

Last edited:
How far did you travel?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It sucks to find out 3 classics were stolen at the cruise, a 66' Corvette, a 66' Chevelle and Papa Johns Pizza owner's 71' Camaro

I had heard about the Vette from the guard at our hotel. We stay in Troy, and it usually feels safe there. There are so many people and so many cars, 50k special interest cars and 2 million people come into Detroit for that one weekend.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
How far did you travel?

We spent most of our time walking around Ferndale and later drove up Woodward to Birmingham. The Chevrolet dealer in Ferndale had a nice display of LS powered cars one of them was a Monte Carlo SS with a 6.2 liter crate engine. Nice car but they pieced it together with mis matched swap parts. The headers and exhaust system hung way too low.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor