Anyone have a Hollanders for 1976?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I am seeking someone who can look in a Hollanders Interchange manual that covers 1976. Mine only goes up to 1974. I need to know what stock camshaft came in a 1976 Pontiac Bonneville with a 455 4 barrel motor. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Well if its any help all 1976 Pontiac 455s got the exact same cam. Are you doing a 100 point resto?

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
I don't know about Hollanders but Motors Manual will give you camshaft lift. I remember Car Craft article about a junkyard Pontiac 455. Engine was a similar year smogger. They opened it up to check. Engine was okay but tired. As I recall, they reringed with one angle valve job at new valve springs. Dynoed for baseline. Numbers in the 230s range. Changed from factory cast 4v intake to Edelbrock Preformer, No Difference. They did something else with no change, can't remember now. Any way they stabbed a better camshaft at bingo, like near 100 horsepower. They tried to say the Edelbrock intake was part of the increase. All I know is that camshaft woke up that Pontiac 455.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Thanks Chris, I would appreciate that. My MOTOR manual only gave the lift and that did not jive with any Pontiac cam I know of. What it is, is that I have a '76 455 out of said Bonneville. Totally stock. It is sitting in my '68 Firebird convertible with a ST-10 4 speed just so it can move under it's own power. I need to know what cam came in it so I can make an intelligent decision going forward. The stock cam may be what I want for a nice cruiser/boat towing motor. I have several Crane cams I can use too. Maybe it will end up in my Bonnewagon. I am in the process of stripping and scrapping my '77 TA due to rust worms. Once that is gone the '68 comes home. That will probably be my last old car project and I am trying to decide on what motor to use. I have the 455, the '77 TA 400, a '68 400 HO, a '70 GTO 400, several 301's and an '80 Turbo 301. The '68 400 HO/RA would be period correct and a lot of fun. I have 2 sets of the factory long branch exhaust manifolds. I have a '67 4 pinion posi rear but that is for mono-leaf springs. I also have a '79 TA disc rear that has been modified to fit the '68 and still retain the factory double traction bars that came on '67 HO/RA cars. And then again a Turbo 301 with a 4 speed stick may be perfect for a light front end/ good handling car. Lots of time to think about it but first I need to know what cam is in there because it is the only unknown factor. edit-[ Kennybill, the Edelbrock Performer is just an aluminum copy of the very good stock Pontiac cast iron manifold. The RPM is a step up]

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Mark, I wish I was your neighbor, with all the Pontiac parts you have and your extensive stash of beer I'd have a blast hanging out at your place. With any luck you live on a hill so you could just give me a shove and let roll me home after I sampled some of your beverages...:)

Reactions: 1 user

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
I've read about the cast iron &Preformer intakes on a Pontiac site. I'm a Oldsmobile guy but I have my old race car, 1983 Grand Prix, sitting engineless. I have a 1973 Pontiac 400 engine & 400 trans from a Lemans. I jokingly say it's on my list. I have a 4 speed setup for a G-body. Maybe I'll get to it. I'm working on a 1972 Cutlass right now. I'm retired but busy. Sounds like we both have a few vehicles. Good luck. Ken

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
You know....a Pontiac 400 and 4 speed would be right at home in a GP. hint hint......

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor