Status
Not open for further replies.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
9F883877-3747-45E1-A2D2-1EB5F0BC4F2A.jpeg
A37427C1-8FE4-40BF-82E2-20E48AAD331B.jpeg
guys can someone please help solve this riddle?? I purchased a new speedo housing and kept the old piston gear. It had 34 teeth I put new housing and new speedo cable and the transmission fluid was leaking out of the hole where cable goes. Then i thought maybe the piston gear was worn so i bought a new one and installed it today. Same problem!!!! I dont know why its still leaking but i do know it doesnt feel snug in there. Should the gear and the housing be a snug fit by the o-ring? What should i do?

This is what i bought
Website says it will fit a TH 200 which is what i have

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I had a similar issue and after letting it leak for a while I got sick of it and sealed every interface with a thin bead of blue rtv. Been fine since.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I had a similar issue and after letting it leak for a while I got sick of it and sealed every interface with a thin bead of blue rtv. Been fine since.
Thats what the previous owner had in there as well and it had a slow leak. I guess he had the same problem then too

Im hoping i can find a way to stop it without that but if all else fails

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't know about a TH200 but I know my 400 has 2 different housings available depending on the tooth count of the drive gear, so there could possibly be a mismatch if the correct housing isn't used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor