Anyone have pics of vinyl top conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I have the parts and the hard top lid that goes between trunk and rear window. Looks like 6 of some type of fasteners but no idea what to use. I've searched here and elsewhere.
Also anyone tell me where I can get the new studs that screw into window channels? I know someone posted here where they got them but cannot find thread
Thanks in advance.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Also anyone tell me where I can get the new studs that screw into window channels?
1648161670367.png

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
84 Olds Cutlass

565bbchevy i swear they were out of stock this morning. Same place.
Just ordered. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
I have the parts and the hard top lid that goes between trunk and rear window. Looks like 6 of some type of fasteners but no idea what to use.
Do you still need these? I can get that info tomorrow for you.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I know on my Monte I also had to buy hardtop quarter windows because either the rubber surround was trimmed down for my vinyl top or stuck out because of the thickness of vinyl top and didn't lay flat, luckily my vinyl top was aftermarket and I still had the factory rear window stand offs to hold the rear window molding.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I know on my Monte I also had to buy hardtop quarter windows because either the rubber surround was trimmed down for my vinyl top or stuck out because of the thickness of vinyl top and didn't lay flat, luckily my vinyl top was aftermarket and I still had the factory rear window stand offs to hold the rear window molding.
I have the hard top side glass. Bought that along with window trim from a member here awhile ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor