Anyone have pictures of metal filler areas? (Quarter panel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2020
Good evening! New here.

have an 86 GN, going to do a passenger rear quarter replacement, top to bottom. I have a very good idea where the spot welds and filler are around the glass, but would like to visualize it a bit more before I start to take the car down to metal. Anyone have pictures of this or specific locations? Thanks!

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Good evening! New here.

have an 86 GN, going to do a passenger rear quarter replacement, top to bottom. I have a very good idea where the spot welds and filler are around the glass, but would like to visualize it a bit more before I start to take the car down to metal. Anyone have pictures of this or specific locations? Thanks!
I think this is the area your asking about.
20201123_222511.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

ta86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2020
Exactly what I was looking for. From what I understand, that area is filled on top with metal filler. Is this trus? If so, whats the best way to get to the spot welds?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Even melting it use a P-100 respirator, lead abatement is part of my profession. That stuff can really mess you up ( even sexual activities ) unless working outside, open your garage door when doing it.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Even melting it use a P-100 respirator, lead abatement is part of my profession. That stuff can really mess you up ( even sexual activities ) unless working outside, open your garage door when doing it.
Are you saying it takes the lead out of your pencil?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ta86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2020
Ok guys, taking the panel down to bare metal where I know the filler is. They hid very well, im having a hard time finding the mating line. Any tips? Should I gently head up the area with a propane torch?

Last edited:

ta86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2020
Yep, all out. Already done, cool watching it melt. Too bad the roof rusted under the lead so the spot weld are impossible to see. Wooo!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor