Anyone here snowmobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone here have any snowmobiles and where is a good place to get parts for cheap... My friend has one and we need to get a track (I think eBay is the best bet for a cheap used one) and a bunch of the idler wheels on the skid are ruined so we need to get some of them too... But I think we might try to get a whole Xtra 10 skid/suspension off a Polaris if we can find one for a good price, because I was pricing out the wheels and bearings and to replace them all it would be like 200 bucks... Which is more than he paid for the whole thing. :lol: And I've been reading online that it's a really easy swap over to the polaris suspension and it's way better than the stock suspension on this late 80's Yamaha. But other than that it's in decent condition... Got some dents in the belly pan, and cracks in the fiberglass hood... But it runs good so if we can just fix the track I think it'll be good to go when and if we get some snow this winter.

You can try www.partspitstop.com or www.cyclepartsnation.com. I have ordered from both of them. Both are located in Michigan. I have had good luck on e-bay and craigslist. I found the easiest way to search craigslist is through Google. If you search sled salvage on google you will find several dismantlers. If he bought the whole sled for a couple hundred, maybe he can find a parts sled with what he needs.
I ride a 2008 Ski-Doo 600SDI Limited Touring in Michigan's UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor