Anyone know the specs for factory speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
If you think I am a gentleman you have not been paying attention....:doh:

Oh, I never said you were a gentleman. I was saying that the A.I. of the forum is ;)

DTra1n

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 20, 2015
So... back to that specs on the factory speakers thing. I have an el caballero with removal grills over the 3.5” speaker. I understand that some are too ‘deep’ for fitment with the grill. Recommendation on a model that fits? I prefer Polk, jbl if possible. Thanks!

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
So... back to that specs on the factory speakers thing. I have an el caballero with removal grills over the 3.5” speaker. I understand that some are too ‘deep’ for fitment with the grill. Recommendation on a model that fits? I prefer Polk, jbl if possible. Thanks!
How many watts per channel are you looking for? And what impedance?

In my g-body (Regal) I was not going all audiophile and was just looking for an upgrade from the 35 year old stock stuff. I used the following to upgrade the speakers in the front dash:
Kenwood KFC-835C 40-Watt 3.5-Inch

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
To answer the question: factory speakers are 10ohm.
The thing to be careful with on the front 3.5s is, with most being coaxial, keeping the tweeter flush with the top- some stick up above and will interfere with the grill.
Shameless audiophile jab- what's worse than a poke in the eye? A Polk in the ear!:banana:

• Haha
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
To answer the question: factory speakers are 10ohm.
The thing to be careful with on the front 3.5s is, with most being coaxial, keeping the tweeter flush with the top- some stick up above and will interfere with the grill.
Shameless audiophile jab- what's worse than a poke in the eye? A Polk in the ear!:banana:
The kenwoods mentioned above do not interfere with the grill...

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor