anyone overhauling their hvac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i wanted to see if anyone had one of these kits in their lives that could give me the dimensions of the rectangle w/two holes that applies to the heater core opening.i don't want to buy it for that one part and was hoping to find someone with a set that could pass the specs on as i'm looking to make my own. 1670788812834.png

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
i wanted to see if anyone had one of these kits in their lives that could give me the dimensions of the rectangle w/two holes that applies to the heater core opening.i don't want to buy it for that one part and was hoping to find someone with a set that could pass the specs on as i'm looking to make my own. View attachment 212671
I just did mine not too long ago. I'll go out and look real quick.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
It's about 4 1/2" x 2 1/4" and 1/2" thick. Kinda dense foam. Glad I went and looked at it. I didn't hook the ground wire back up inside there.
I guess it's coming apart again.

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
It's about 4 1/2" x 2 1/4" and 1/2" thick. Kinda dense foam. Glad I went and looked at it. I didn't hook the ground wire back up inside there.
I guess it's coming apart again.
thank you much,i appreciate you taking the time.the foam search begins.

Last edited:

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Good luck finding the foam. I found something close at one point but it didnt cut well so in the end I just bought the kit from Mikes Montes. Used all the pieces anyway.
Wlmrt or local craft store, it's just a simple PE closed cell foam. Cut the holes by just using a socket, 12 point sockets usually work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor