Anyone, Pontiac no A/C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
20180303_152157.jpg

I was going through my dash bezels and noticed the vents on the drivers side on this one are non functional.
Is this from a non A/C car?
I've never seen/noticed one like this before

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Yes, the vent is "fake" -- it's from a non-a/c car. Mine was like that when I factory ordered it in late 1982.

You can -- with small effort -- replace that non-functional vent with a true vent (from another dash), and then route a hose to it to make it work.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I would say so. I have only seen our cars with center vents for non A/C cars in the junk yards, usally the block panels & trim were already gone.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Not that slow....both were within .02 seconds off the light.
I have 15 other bezels, so I'll put this one aside. I have a couple glove boxes somewhere too , but not the rest.
Thanks for the fast replies

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yeah my parts Lemans had caps on the backs of the vents.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
The whole dash panel has "fake" plastic Allen-head screws -- only for looks. The dash panel is held in place by a few screws in tabs on the top and bottom. The vents are "push-in" and held in place by plastic tabs. Each vent rotates and can be removed (very delicately -- not to break the tabs), which makes it possible to replace the blocked vent with a functional one.

Here are a few pics.

Dash Panel 001.jpg Dash Panel 002.jpg Dash Panel 003.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Sorry -- have not seen those. I have a few dash panels and they all have those fake screws. Aside from that, the dash panels look exactly the same! Probably older model (?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor