Anyone, Pontiac no A/C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
I saw a non-a/c ‘81 Lemans in a parts yard that had those same “fake” vents, the ones that didn’t open. I also parted a non a/c ‘78 Lemans that had the plugs in the back side of the typical open vents. Maybe a change in ‘81 and up?

Troy

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
I have three of the bezels without the Allen heads and one with. The three without are from two ‘78s and an ‘80 car. They also don’t have the vertical section lines, the lines that separate the vent sections of the wood grain from the gauges. Didn’t the silver face bezel on the ‘79 and ‘80 G/A and G/P SJ have the allens and sections?

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
I looked in a sales brochure for the 1978 Pontiacs, and it shows the Grand Lemans and the Lemans bezels without the vertical lines and Allen bolt heads.

Doug

vader87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2014
If anyone has these non functional air vents, I am looking for some. I need 4 total but will take what I can get. Please let me know!
29864066295_3d8d6ef4df_o.jpg
29750600162_ad61ab9db0_k.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
So you are wanting to block off 4 of the remaining vents?
I think those are going to be hard to find unless you find 2 complete non a/c bezels.

Did you modify the piece above the glove box? I don't think I've seen one without the modle name on it.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Ok here are mine.

The first 2 pics are the original one to the car, 81 Lemans non a/c

IMG_1718.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG

The vents on the driver side are dummies and there is no venting behind.

The next two pics are from a bezel I picked up about 4 years ago for a spare. If memory servies, it came from a 84-85 GrandPrix with A/C and a double din radio.
IMG_1720.JPG
IMG_1721.JPG

The only other model I remember seing was on my 79 GrandAm. It basically had the same layout as the GP model but the wood grain was replaced with a brushed aluminum look with the fake rivets.

There were several Lemans/Bonneville/Grandprix in a yard about 20 miles from home and they pretty much had the fake or real vents according to A/c.. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
If anyone has these non functional air vents, I am looking for some. I need 4 total but will take what I can get.

Are you still looking for some? Let me know and I'll search my spare parts box because I converted my dash to functional vents.

Note: The vents on the right are a different size from those on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor