Anyone replace the window sweeps and or felt guides the front door windows slide up n down on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
I'm in the midst of replacing all weatherstripping and window trim sweep moulding felt etc on my 79 bu wagon. I got metro weatherstripping for the doors but where can the best window trim n runner felts be had. Also need rear window n tailgate to of which I've read best replacement stuff out is back caravan seals. I welcome all feedback, thanks.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm in the midst of replacing all weatherstripping and window trim sweep moulding felt etc on my 79 bu wagon. I got metro weatherstripping for the doors but where can the best window trim n runner felts be had. Also need rear window n tailgate to of which I've read best replacement stuff out is back caravan seals. I welcome all feedback, thanks.
As far as the window sweeps, I purchased mine on Ebay. Other than OEM, they're going to be the best you can find out there.
http://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DM30330&d=497&p=2
For the window run channel, we've had an ongoing discussion as to what to use, etc.
If you do a search on the site, you'll find various threads on the subject.

For the rear hatch seal, I'd recommend going to a well stocked junkyard and poke around the minivans. The Caravan/ Voyager seal to use would likely be from a late '90's, early 2000's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor