Anyone run AN fuel lines front to back?

M

mc1984ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2020
In the process of installing new fuel feed and return lines. Debating stainless hard line which I would prefer to do or braided stainless (ptfe lined) for the ease. Anyone run braided hose front to back? Tell me your experience and please share any pictures if possible. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 78Malibu
fleming442

fleming442

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Dec 26, 2013
My Malibu has -6 braided line for the feed and return. I just pulled the factory lines out and slapped these in the frame rail. Easy but not cheap.
I did the same, but ran a rubber vent line alongside the feed and return. The prebent stainless lines were about the same price, and you only get the factory sizes; I was doing EFI, so I wanted a -6 return, not 5/16".

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have AN braided lines throughout my car, I have a #12 feeding my pump and a #10 going to the front to my regulator then two #8 lines that go to the 1250 Dominator

Anubis

Anubis

Royal Smart Person
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
In the process of installing new fuel feed and return lines. Debating stainless hard line which I would prefer to do or braided stainless (ptfe lined) for the ease. Anyone run braided hose front to back? Tell me your experience and please share any pictures if possible. Thanks in advance!
Nope. I hate braided line. It's big, bulky, prone to leak and expensive especially when you consider all the fittings you need. Why not use OEM Nylon line?

1593459246077.png

1593459233027.png

UC645

UC645

Master Mechanic
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
There’s push lock style an hose too. Russell Performance’s Twist Lok line is both IHRA and NHRA approved. All you’ll need to assemble that is a heat gun, a vise, and an vise jaws.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The only issue I have ever had with braided lines is with some brands fittings having the anodized coating fade over time when subjected to a lot of engine heat but never any leaks, just use quality fittings and an installation procedure that works.

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor