Anyone running a predator carb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkponce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2011
Lake Forest
I have an extra edelbrock 1407 carburetor and i was asked if i wanted to trade it for a predator carburetor... I've never heard of it and I wondering if it would clear the hood since it looks so tall, can i put it on a 350 or a 383 and will my distributor connect to it? is it better then an edelbrock?

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
First of all find out if youy can get a rebuild kit for it.......they are old and out of date from what I remember....popular in the 80s to 90s........any one else have any thoughts?

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
383S10 said:
First of all find out if youy can get a rebuild kit for it.......they are old and out of date from what I remember....popular in the 80s to 90s........any one else have any thoughts?

Did a search and I didnt know they still made them .....I see they are updated and not all gold in color.....like I remeber them back in the day..........

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
jkponce said:
I have an extra edelbrock 1407 carburetor and i was asked if i wanted to trade it for a predator carburetor... I've never heard of it and I wondering if it would clear the hood since it looks so tall, can i put it on a 350 or a 383 and will my distributor connect to it? is it better then an edelbrock?

On the site they say "racing only"........?

jkponce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2011
Lake Forest
oh wow good to know...... thanks you so much

383S10 said:
jkponce said:

On the site they say "racing only"........?

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Yep, they're a racing carb and bring some good coin on eBay. the rebuild kits look at be $85 online. I doubt they'd clear the hood on a gbody honestly. They basically look like a tall square box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor