Anyone still make a Class III Hitch for these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
If not, wondering if the chevy C & K frames in the rear were the same as far as bolt patterns. If so, I could just use one of those hitches on the G-Body frame.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Reese 44637 looks like the only class 3 like a universal multi vehicle fit. But there are plenty of class 2 1.25" receivers. What are you trying to tow with a gbody that a smaller hitch won't handle?

Reactions: 1 user

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Nothing at all... maybe move my empty trailer with the Cutlass or Elco... mostly wanted it for gas tank protection. Looks like they made one back in the day. No idea the model number of this or any other info on it...
Hitch1.jpg

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Also, found this gem....
Heavy towing (class 3 hitch):
An El Camino equipped with a 5.0L (LG4) motor, automatic transmission, and a 2.73 rear can pull up to a gross weight of 5000 pounds with 600 pounds tongue load.

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Here are the ones from back in the day....
January122013000_zps614e4dbc.jpg

I actually already have a class IV hitch for the G-Body by Valley Industries. Just wondering if anyone else made them

• Informative

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a small hidden hitch class II that I have used to pull a small trailer and even one of the pop up tent trailers with it and it ties the two rails together. The gas tank is up high enough in these cars so the rear bumper protects the gas tank. The Jeep that had fixed the gas tank exposure with a hitch ride higher and the problem was vehicle would go under the bumper and hit the tank. When I installed my hitch I upgraded the bolts that are used for the hitch.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-1984_Chevrolet_Monte+Carlo.htm

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Just on the property - not on the roads. Also, would be nice for say my elco that no longer has a rear bumper... Rather a roll pan that the exhaust exits through.

Collector

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2011
Hoofddorp,Netherlands,Europe
What are the odds, in the Netherlands getting a hitch is nearly impossible, can buy it from the USA, but price is getting ridiculous.
Local selling site said "trailer hitch 1978 el camino, free to collect for the first one who responds to my add"
So a fast message to the owner and i am the lucky owner of a trailer hitch for my 1979 Monte carlo.
and on top off my luck is El Covino who places the exact building sheet for my hitch, exactly that hitch !
What are the odds ?

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What are the odds, in the Netherlands getting a hitch is nearly impossible, can buy it from the USA, but price is getting ridiculous.
Local selling site said "trailer hitch 1978 el camino, free to collect for the first one who responds to my add"
So a fast message to the owner and i am the lucky owner of a trailer hitch for my 1979 Monte carlo.
and on top off my luck is El Covino who places the exact building sheet for my hitch, exactly that hitch !
What are the odds ?
You're a lucky man....you can't beat the price of that hitch. ;)
plus finding the installation instructions right here on this site....that makes you doubly lucky.:)

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Nothing at all... maybe move my empty trailer with the Cutlass or Elco... mostly wanted it for gas tank protection. Looks like they made one back in the day. No idea the model number of this or any other info on it...
Hitch1.jpg
That's what I want

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor