ANYONE with ss caramo seats? front and rear

Status
Not open for further replies.

80/MALIBU/COUPE

Greasemonkey
Feb 17, 2021
TUCSON AZ
might pull the trigger for a SS CAMARO seat set front and rear .
seen pic of the fronts installed but no how to's or write ups
was wondering if my plan will work\
have bench out for new carpet anyways
if i get bucket bracket kit "loose" attach them to bottom of SS front seat inner rails
outter rails hold them in place ( if front to back spacing is the same ) or cut rear off floor move it back a s needed?
then weld them in??

as for the rear (cause I'd want them to match )
how to secure them to the car
do they even fit?

Last edited:

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a set in my 85 Camaro. I'm sure the front would fit fairly good with Gbody brackets/rails. Might need to make a small bracket?
As for the rears, I think you will have some problems. The Fbodies have 2 styles, split rear and a full rear back rest. The split ones will be a pain to mount because there are pins/dowels welded to the hump in the tunnel in the Fbody and the seat have a female socket (don't know what it called) that slide in. On the outer sides of the backrest you would need to weld a couple of L brackets with a hole drilled in them for the seat bolt. As for the rear bottom bucket I think the contour would be off. They are nice seats, I think lots of fab work for the rear.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor