Appearantly someone tried to steal my car and failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
Woke up this morning and went out to the car to find this they appearantly broke my door lock cover trying to get in the driverside (assuming with a coat hanger or piece of wire) managed to get in the passenger side and pulled the ignition. But it appears they gave up after not getting it to start which either means they couldnt figure out how to pop the hood or couldnt figure out what I did to sabotage it

Attachments

• 20170424_082510.jpg
    20170424_082510.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 549
  • 20170424_082522.jpg
    20170424_082522.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 514

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
glad they didn't get it....I use this type of anti left door lock knob so you can't grab it with anything

Car-styling-Door-Lock-Stick-Pin-Cap-cover-trim-For-Chevrolet-Cruze-Trax-Malibu-Opel-Mokka.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
And they chewed up your seat too?! Those animals!!!

Car (horse) thieves? That's a hangin'.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
What a piece of human garbage. Someone tries to steal my car, they better hope I don't catch em. I'll keelhaul em. Yes, on land. My door locks have pistons on them, I got them from my grandpa the day I got my Regal in 2014. He gave them to me, which is a thing he doesn't do often. I haven't the heart to take them off. Glad to hear your car is still here. Keep your sabotage a secret!

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I love sabotage!!! PM details if you can so I can add that to my arsenal (or something similar).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
N
And they chewed up your seat too?! Those animals!!!

Car (horse) thieves? That's a hangin'.
They didnt my driver side was already heavily warm it had duct tape on it when i bought it but i took it off as i got tired of the adheasive sticking to my pants

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
glad they didn't get it....I use this type of anti left door lock knob so you can't grab it with anything

Car-styling-Door-Lock-Stick-Pin-Cap-cover-trim-For-Chevrolet-Cruze-Trax-Malibu-Opel-Mokka.jpg
Im kinda glad they popped the lock rather than break the window that cover is cheap to replace compared to a window

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
I think they damaged something inside of the steering column when they popped the cylinder. The old cylinder would not stay in so i bought a new one and went to put it in and it wont stay either

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Im kinda glad they popped the lock rather than break the window that cover is cheap to replace compared to a window

then you might as well leave the car unlocked, then they won't damage anything getting in. And leave your keys in the ignition so they don't damage the key cylinder or the steering column.

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
then you might as well leave the car unlocked, then they won't damage anything getting in. And leave your keys in the ignition so they don't damage the key cylinder or the steering column.
I get where you are going with that but if someone REALLY wants it they will get it one way or another i want to incovienience them as a detetent but not force them to break things luckily my car appearantly wasnt desirable enough to try super hard what i did was enough they give up but the more i do to it the more i would need to up the deterents i can also see the arguement that if it was fully restored the more they break the less desirable the car becomes but at that point theft insurance is a must as it helps replace anything that was busted in the attempt or any pieces stolen when recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor