Are LS guys Chevy guys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Its been contended in the car meme thread that LS guys are Chevy guys. However, to me this does not make sense since LS engines are considered GM corporate engines, not specificly Chevy or any other division like classic engines were. What do you think?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Its been contended in the car meme thread that LS guys are Chevy guys. However, to me this does not make sense since LS engines are considered GM corporate engines, not specificly Chevy or any other division like classic engines were. What do you think?

I think being an LS fan doesn't make you a Chevy guy, and you can be a chevy guy and hate ls motors.

Sd33/sd33t engines built by Nissan were put in International Scouts. But, you can be a scout guy without liking Nissan. And Nissan guys don't have to like scouts.

We can go down the same road with cult followings for novas, prisms, vibes and Toyota by virtue of its engine.

Amd are Cummins guys Ram/Dodge guys? Not necessarily.

It's easy to keep going, but, while being an LS fan makes you lots of things, it doesn't follow being a chevy guy is one of them. Just makes you a general millenial/government motors fan.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Alex, I'd like "too much time on your hands/psychological disorders" for $800, please.

daily double GIF by Jeopardy!

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
This is the same as most model a's you've ever seen as a small block in it.are they ford or chevy guys?I think it boils down to being a car guy/gal in general

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I just see LS guys as people jumping on the latest trend of what is popular. I am not a fan for that reason alone. The other issue is how they have performed in the trucks I have driven, makes me say no thank you, plenty around for everyone else.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I just see LS guys as people jumping on the latest trend of what is popular. I am not a fan for that reason alone. The other issue is how they have performed in the trucks I have driven, makes me say no thank you, plenty around for everyone else.
What is popular, or actually makes power with little mods. Hodrodding and technology advances, the name of the game.

From the factory they are horribly under-tuned. Timing is low and the fuel curve is lean. That would be your emissions regulations there. Little bit of work with the laptop wakes them up quite well. 🤘

They do quite well in the cars, the horror.... :)

SIDE SHOT.jpg

Last edited:

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I guess the biggest thing that crosses my mind, as a group full of car enthusiasts who are supposed to embrace the hobby, I'm sitting here reading all this from guys who are "supposed" to set an example.

Guys like me coming in to cars at 10 years old starting with Carb'd SBCs, then in the mid 2000's picking up a laptop, learning the EFI at the time and rolling with it, are "clueless", to you narrow minded individuals who are stuck decades ago.

Don't worry, I'm used to it, it's a Boomer/Gen-X thing, deal with it here all the time. Afraid of the new because it's outside of your knowledge scope.

Guys like me would have a lot more respect for you old people if you were a little bit more receptive and actually could learn something, had a little bit more class, and didn't show your ignorance.

End of the day, there's a reason you all are pissy, look in the mirror. :)

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I guess the biggest thing that crosses my mind, as a group full of car enthusiasts who are supposed to embrace the hobby, I'm sitting here reading all this from guys who are "supposed" to set an example.

Guys like me coming in to cars at 10 years old starting with Carb'd SBCs, then in the mid 2000's picking up a laptop, learning the EFI at the time and rolling with it, are "clueless", to you narrow minded individuals who are stuck decades ago.

Don't worry, I'm used to it, it's a Boomer/Gen-X thing, deal with it here all the time. Afraid of the new because it's outside of your knowledge scope.

Guys like me would have a lot more respect for you old people if you were a little bit more receptive and actually could learn something, had a little bit more class, and didn't show your ignorance.

End of the day, there's a reason you all are pissy, look in the mirror. :)
Some people hate LS for the same reasons other hate ford's, or Hondas, or toyotas.

Claiming the dislike is because it's newer is as bad as those who run around crying racism at every little comment or action.

Has nothing to do with knowledge scope, everything to do with dislike all around.

Comparatively, they sound like crap. The 'crowd' that's into them if full of uppity pissants with a look down attitude on anything that's not 'ls'.... now not every ls fanboy is, but MOST are. They're full of electronics that are quick to obsolescence and will lead to heavy imported aftermarket replacements of dubious quality. It's an invasive swap with massive systems changes. They 'look' like crap in an engine bay.

I could keep going, but, dislike for the ls engine stems from far more than ignorance, but, repeated uses of the 'afraid to learn' and ignorance retort is what we've come to expect from the ls crowd, so, to those tondo it thanks for perpetuating the stereotype I guess.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Some people hate LS for the same reasons other hate ford's, or Hondas, or toyotas.

Claiming the dislike is because it's newer is as bad as those who run around crying racism at every little comment or action.

Has nothing to do with knowledge scope, everything to do with dislike all around.

Comparatively, they sound like crap. The 'crowd' that's into them if full of uppity pissants with a look down attitude on anything that's not 'ls'.... now not every ls fanboy is, but MOST are. They're full of electronics that are quick to obsolescence and will lead to heavy imported aftermarket replacements of dubious quality. It's an invasive swap with massive systems changes. They 'look' like crap in an engine bay.

I could keep going, but, dislike for the ls engine stems from far more than ignorance, but, repeated uses of the 'afraid to learn' and ignorance retort is what we've come to expect from the ls crowd, so, to those tondo it thanks for perpetuating the stereotype I guess.
That is the most elaborate response I've seen so far.

Most come in with it's electronic and too many wires with sensors, need a laptop to tune it, so it's garbage. That is the 90% I've heard, so I'll stand behind the not willing to learn part. Call it your stereotype, which by definition is a reputation based on repeated actions. Glad you can be the other 10%.

Some like the nostalgia look, I get it. When I started into them, 2006ish, the only thing to tune with was EFI Live and HP Tuners, I learned HP Tuners. Got the setup in the car and running good.

Now we have some nice EFI stuff out there. Carb Flange mounted systems that are self tuning. Getting a decent SBC in a car with one of them systems for a nice cruiser is a weekend task, running and driving. If I was just starting into a build I'd look into that for an older car. Me where I'm at now, not tossing out a 500+hp setup over looks tho. :)

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

Reminds me of a saying I once heard. Any fool can make something better by making it more complex. A true genius can improve something while keeping it simple.

Also I have seen LS guys hate SBCs and other old gen GM motors more than Ford and Mopar engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor