Are Steadfast Collar still around ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_senior

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2019
Hey Y'all

LOoking to do some upgrades on the El Camino and came across a lot of poeple praising these Steadfast Collar.

the only problem is I can't find one for sale.

Any idea where I can find one or if they're still around???

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I heard they had to close because someone broke into their facility and stole everything... :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mr_senior

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2019
I think they are gone now, I got mine off E-Bay.
thanks, I'll keep my eyes open for it. I was hoping to combine the two, one of those as a deterrent and the Standfast as a backup.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FRPDTMV/?tag=gbody-20

Thoughts on these?? even though it doesn't state it'll work on a 1980 el Camino. I hoping they're just like the just of the world and forgot about the el Caminos

Last edited:

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I had a Steadfast collar on my Grand National. It did not fit really well and rubbed on the bottom of the steering wheel. It also lost the accessory position as it restricted the lock cylinder a little too much. You have to sacrifice your chrome lock ring on the the lock cylinder to install it. Should you ever need to replace the lock cylinder you will have to cut the clasps off that holds the steel covering over the upper lock housing.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Mine fit alright, I painted it to match the column.

1799156_10207612127649699_9037172019120630299_o.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
I think I have a Steadfast in my parts stash somewhere in the garage that I kept around for my Camino. I'll try and dig it out over the weekend if you're interested.

Bill

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor