CUTLASS are the locks the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i lost my keys and i managed to change the ign key except for the key in switch. i got the door lock out,is it the same as the trunk? because it will cost me 20 bucks to have a key made and hopefully they are all the same.the door and trunk and glove box.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I kind of had the same issue when I bought my Bonneville. Over the years I’ve checked out numerous cars for friends. I am thorough and really check everything. Very objective...
Now when I look at a car for myself, I definitely am not that thorough.
Case in point. My Bonneville..I knew the motor was junk, but the interior and body were nice. Solid frame and floor pans. It took me about two weeks to figure out I had no keys for the door or glovebox. One key for the ignition and one key for the trunk. Not so thorough there.
Fortunately a few weeks later I ran across a nice four door Cutlass with the keys. I took the two oval keys, door locks, glove lock and trunk lock. Now my Bonneville just needs two keys for everything. I believe I have another complete set if anybody needs one.
timo22

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor