Are there door sheels and rear quarters for 3g montes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis Rocha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2018
Hi, My local paitnt shop is asking me for several thousands for fixing some rust from my 79 montes. I saw ads for 4g door skin shells and they seems to be cheap, It could be better to buy new parts that paying a lot of money to fix the original ones. But I cant find anything for 3g montes, only for those 4g.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The '78-'80 Montes are still the unwanted steep child in the sheet metal market. Most likely you'll need a set of hamers & dollies, some good eyes, & lots of patience for alot of exterior patches. But the lower inner door bottoms that they make will work, all the 2 doors inners structure are very close to almost the same stampings.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Much like left handed cigrettes, you'll probably have to roll your own.

I have a set of rear quarter patches I need to unload.

If the OP passes on the patches let me know I might be able to use them.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
No aftermarket doors yet, you can likely find a pair out west and have them shipped to you.

Luis Rocha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2018
Much like left handed cigrettes, you'll probably have to roll your own.

I have a set of rear quarter patches I need to unload.

Sorry for my bad English skills, what do you mean with that, do you have spare parts for a 3g monte in good shape to sell?

Luis Rocha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2018
The '78-'80 Montes are still the unwanted steep child in the sheet metal market.

OMG :( WHy??? this car are sporty, elegant, luxury and beatiful?? That are bad news for me, as I live in South America, it will be extremely hard and expensive to have it as I want to.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have patch panels for the back
20170618_174805.jpg

Depending on where you are, shipping may be cost prohibitive. I'm asking $100 + shipping.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
OMG :( WHy??? this car are sporty, elegant, luxury and beatiful?? That are bad news for me, as I live in South America, it will be extremely hard and expensive to have it as I want to.
I'll call it the "SS" clause. Being that the aftermarket likes the performance cars over base models, parts that are able to be used or are for the performance cars are most likely to be made. Since the '81 to '88 base cars use alot of the same sheet metal as '83 to '88 SS's, those panels are more likely to be made. So with the '78 to '80 cars are all basic (to include the turbo cars) and did not have a popular performance model, very little will, if ever, will be made at this time. I personally like the '78-'80's as much as the '81-'88's (had a '79 Landau after I got my '81), but with out a SS model it will be a long wait for you needed sheet metal. This theory is harder felt by the non Chevy guys even with performance models.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor