Are these the correct F Body A/C hoses for serpentine R4 conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
1629414379039.png

Four Seasons # 56016. 1992 Camaro TBI 305ci w/ R4 compressor. IIRC, these are the ones I need for my Chevy serpentine conversion I did on my Olds.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I dont have the part number but I used one for that year Camaro. The first one I ordered was for a 91 and it was wrong. In the end I still had the one to the condensor shortened.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I dont have the part number but I used one for that year Camaro. The first one I ordered was for a 91 and it was wrong. In the end I still had the one to the condensor shortened.
That's a bummer on the line to the condenser. Was just any A/C shop able to shorten the hose? Any chance you could post a pic of your setup?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Local place crimped the hose. I had a hard time finding a shop that had the same style crimper but the guy did it while I waited. I took a cutoff wheel and cut the barrel off the hose. Screwed the fitting on the condensor, measured the hose, cut it and ran it out the the shop to get the new barrel crimped on. Easy.
I hope this shows you what you need to see.

IMG_0019.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
James, I have a crimping tool. The real deal, never used. Don't you want to run the stodgy 307 piece with the muffler?😂🤣😂

I also know a place in Oak Ridge North that can do it for you. They did the hoses for the Camaro. Let me know.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
James, I have a crimping tool. The real deal, never used. Don't you want to run the stodgy 307 piece with the muffler?😂🤣😂

I also know a place in Oak Ridge North that can do it for you. They did the hoses for the Camaro. Let me know.
No muffler for this engine bay :ROFLMAO: . I will certainly take you up on the offer for the crimping tool when I'm ready. Does the shop happen to be Elders Absolutely Cool on Hanna Rd ?

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Local place crimped the hose. I had a hard time finding a shop that had the same style crimper but the guy did it while I waited. I took a cutoff wheel and cut the barrel off the hose. Screwed the fitting on the condensor, measured the hose, cut it and ran it out the the shop to get the new barrel crimped on. Easy.
I hope this shows you what you need to see.

View attachment 181964
Thanks for posting the pic. This is the one I remember seeing (I printed it out this time). SUPER clean engine bay (y)(y)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
No muffler for this engine bay :ROFLMAO: . I will certainly take you up on the offer for the crimping tool when I'm ready. Does the shop happen to be Elders Absolutely Cool on Hanna Rd ?
Winner winner chicken dinner! They also crimped the pressure hose for the power steering which is 75% 2nd gen Camaro and 25% LS.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Check to make sure you match up the compressor used with the fitting. I believe if it's R12, you'll have the flat style across the fitting to the compressor. If it's 134, it's likely stepped, which means you'll need a stepped mount style compressor to make the fitting fit correctly. Or take your chances with thicker seal washers, etc.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Check to make sure you match up the compressor used with the fitting. I believe if it's R12, you'll have the flat style across the fitting to the compressor. If it's 134, it's likely stepped, which means you'll need a stepped mount style compressor to make the fitting fit correctly. Or take your chances with thicker seal washers, etc.
We have the stepped style washers on my brother's Camaro. They came with the Delco compressor. Five years later or more and thankfully, no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor