85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
One mans junk is another mans treasures, I see mine through my treasure glasses, LOVE them! i don't know whats better, owning them, or enjoying seeing people hating them

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That article pointed out the A-body were traditionally a "compact" car which is incorrect cause we all know they're mid size but in today standards full size. Guess the writer should of done more research & visited this site to see how much love those cars get here.

• Agree

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Actually, have you seen a Gbody parked next to a modern car? Gs look down right small these days.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Actually, have you seen a Gbody parked next to a modern car? Gs look down right small these days.
There are very few actual cars on the road, name more than a couple. When the Challenger disappear, what am I left for options? Awful, ugly CUV's and trucks, I want neither. Any rwd 2 door car with any inside room and trunk space don't exist.
The Hunchback's aren't for everyone and their sales obviously were not worth continuing for GM. But they are nicer looking than the awful CUV's of today.

Nov 4, 2012
Booo... why don't they go write another article about how great the Golf GTI is?

• Haha

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Their article on the new "fake exhaust" is a lot of fun: "How do these bad ideas get traction within GM as good ideas? Where does the break between reality and stupidity happen?" I've been asking myself just that about the computer-controlled carburetor for as long as I've had one. There's a trance-like fascination about it.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
When the Olds F-85 and Buick Skylark were introduced in 61 they were compacts.GMs competition for the Falcon and Valiant and Nova . They didn’t become midsize till the 64 model year when the Malibu came out. These writers today do lousy research. One article I read the other day said the Chevy Caprice debuted in 66. Try March 65 as a 65. Back in the late 70s early 80s I worked at a body shop that we did all the worrk for an OLDS dealer. I didn’t like the Buick or Olds A/G bodies at all THEN. My opinion has changed somewhat when I see ones like the one for June. One thing I’ve hated since the whole line came out for 78 is the radio box. It’s always looked like an afterthought .

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Booo... why don't they go write another article about how great the Golf GTI is?

Some jerk has one that drives infront of my house daily has a gti with an exhaust and I swear it's the absolutely worst exhaust note of almost any any car I've ever heard. It sounds like a loud fart.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Some jerk has one that drives infront of my house daily has a gti with an exhaust and I swear it's the absolutely worst exhaust note of almost any any car I've ever heard. It sounds like a loud fart.
Some of those imports give off a sound in between a Jake brake on helium and a cow giving birth, one good thing, is when they junk their car one day, they can save and use their exhaust tips for stove pipes.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor