HELP ASK THE FORUM, PEOPLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Lately I'm again getting a HUGE influx of new users either PM'ing me asking specific car/part/installation questions or using the contact form to do the same. Here's the deal, guys:

I run the site, I have a few G-body cars, but the FORUM is where you need to ask the questions. Please don't ask me personally how to fix your car that I've never seen, where to get X part, or if X is supposed to do this or that or whatever. The wealth of this site is in the hundreds of users who read and contribute every day. They're the real experts here. Wisdom of the crowd and all that jazz.

The odds are I just don't know. I don't mean to be rude by not replying, but 1. I spell it out in big red letters on the contact page that I won't respond to questions like this, 2. I don't know. Seriously. I'm not a pro mechanic, body man, drag racer, engine builder, restoration guru, or parts supplier.

This is what the forum is all about. See the "how to post a new thread" thread in the new users section, scroll down the home page until you find the best section for your question, then click it and start a thread in there.

You did also search first, right? Use the search, you might be surprised what turns up.

Don't mean to sound like a douche here, but I don't have all the answers, trust me. Just want to get people pointed in the right direction straight out of the gate.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 16 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I'm not interested in X parts....The real money is in Y parts. You don't happen to have any of those layin around do ya??

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and maybe it'd be good to point out there is a search window at the top right of the page....

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
But nobody else on the forum can tell us where to refill the blinker fluid???

I mean, if a blinker isn't working, it's cause the fluid ran our right?

Speaking of which, anyone have a favorite brand or supplier for it?

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
My left blinker on my 67 does not work. Wiring problem somewhere but, what an idiot, I didn't even think to check the blinker fluid . . . :doh:

I wonder if this could be just another form of hacking . . . people just being a pain in the *ss because they can?

Next they will be asking for marital advice, help with depression, or a psychic reading?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
My left blinker on my 67 does not work. Wiring problem somewhere but, what an idiot, I didn't even think to check the blinker fluid . . . :doh:

I wonder if this could be just another form of hacking . . . people just being a pain in the *ss because they can?

Next they will be asking for marital advice, help with depression, or a psychic reading?

Don't you mess with Miss Cleo's business... she may hex you

Reactions: 1 user

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

hopefully they won´t ask how the weather will be in the next days............o_O

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Alright, which one of you guys....

The Facebook page *is* much worse for this

4A1D4C74-DF45-4D70-9D87-B2F881807570.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor