Assembly Manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
So on ebay there is a guy selling photocopied pages of an assembly manual and it has alot of good info and exploded views. I dont want to pay for just a few pages does anyone know where i can buy the whole thing?
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1608 (1).jpg

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
It looks like the pages shown are from the outside contractor (cars & concepts) that did the conversions on the cars. Typically, in that time frame, the OEs sublet specialty models that require drilling or cutting, or limited production small run components (early t-top cars, Pontiac CanAms, Cobra II mustangs, Fox body convertibles, etc) to an outside vendor.

I have not seen GM assembly manuals for G bodies offered, but I haven't looked in a little while.

I know Faxon Literature has in the past sold reprints of GM assembly manuals,might look there.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Yes, C&C did the 83 and 84 H/Os

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I don't even know if there were proper "assembly manuals" made for any year G-body, not like you could get for say the old muscle cars etc. I've never seen one anyway. The closest you're going to get (that I know) is the parts catalog books, that have exploded drawings of pretty much everything with part groups/numbers etc. Maybe that's the same thing, I dunno.

but yeah, those would be specific to the Hurst/Olds. Funny that those had the "Fisher" style t-tops instead of C&C's tops. They must have stopped making those before '83. At least I didn't think C&C made the other ones. Would be interested to know the story there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It's ashame that they haven't published any assembly manuals for our cars dispite they have them for other platforms made around the same time. I know how useful they are from putting my '72 back together when I had it.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i purchased an assembly manual for my 79 cutlass off of eBay from faxon literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor