Astro or Jeep Steering Shaft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegalX78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 17, 2020
I just found out my 78 won't take the new style shaft. So I guess I'm just replacing the rag joint and calling it a day.
I just found this out this past weekend. After I had already picked up and re-indexed and painted an Astro shaft

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
That kind of thing happens to me all the time, and I feel like I do a lot of research.

I'm glad I went with the borgeson unit. No play in the steering and it looks great too.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
My cars are proudly built with junkyard parts.

The Astro shaft gives slightly more header clearance, if that’s an issue. I had Jeep shafts on both of my Monte’s, both SBC with the same headers, for some reason the LS’s rubbed the shaft on probably hard right turns, it was very close when static but could see the slight rub. Switched to the Astro shaft in that car and went in that direction for the wagon too.

I found a guy on FB in Texas who was setting them up for a reasonable price, he also posted on montecarloss.com but didn’t seem to go on there often.

GbodyJunky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 4, 2022
I have 80-88 drop in ready ones in stock $100 shipped in U.S

Attachments

• FAAF72F6-AB28-4DD5-B31F-D4F69FA563DD.jpeg
    FAAF72F6-AB28-4DD5-B31F-D4F69FA563DD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor