astroroof, t tops, vert opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
ive been having an itch for one of these for aimless summer cruising. ive never owned a vert or sunroof car, briefly had a t top. in the past my anal, collector tendencies made me avoid non hardtop cars but i have several hard top cars currently and kind of just want the experience.

im thinking g body or maybe an iroc camaro. im thinking probably not a vert i tend to want something over my head. t tops have their obvious flaws. the astro roof im wondering if it will give the same wind through your hair experience? also what can you even get one in? obviously the tr's and an occasional cutlass? the astro roofs do seem to be superior designs.

opinions/insight? thanks

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have had quite a few T-top Gbodies and although I always liked them I didn't like having to put them in the trunk or leave them at home.
My Monte has an ASC power sunroof sent out from the dealer when the car was new since they did not offer the astro roof for Montes, the T-top experience is hard to beat but I enjoy the sunroofs open center and not getting fully beat on by the sun and at a push of the button my car is rainproof and secure.
I also feel for a car with power the power sunroof structure makes the roof more rigid.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
you are a lucky man to have a real asc monte. most of the astro roofs in montes are hack jobs and favoring montes myself man id love one with a nice astro.

i kind of want a t top ls since i have 2 ss and the t top ls's are somewhat uncommon.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I was trying to find a reasonably priced t-top Regal for my project car but ended up settling for a hardtop but I am hoping there is an aftermarket power sunroof that will fit the Gbody out there.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I have a factory Astroroof Cutlass as well. I do enjoy having it, although I need to take it down to clean the machanism and re gasket it. One cool aspect I like about it is that the glass actually slides inside the roof instead of up and over like most cars.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor