AT THE MOVIES: Top Gun- Maverick

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just got home from the movies. No real spoilers here. Except to say- George Lucas had the idea nearly 50 years ago. You'll see when you get there. :)

If you liked the first movie, you'll like this one for sure. In some ways it's a bit better, maybe because familiarity, but in other ways it's a tad off the bubble. Just a tad with just the right amount of cheese. Regardless, it's Hollywood, so there's that. Press the "I believe" button and everything will be alright. Was kinda nice to see Iceman and Maverick together again.

By the end, it should have pulled out every emotion you have.

BTW, Jennifer Connelly is STILL looking pretty good after all these years.

top-gun-e1563520027683.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just got home from the movies. No real spoilers here. Except to say- George Lucas had the idea nearly 50 years ago. You'll see when you get there.
So fast flying machines-fighter jets, space aliens-Tom Cruise, far out plot-past prime fighter jocks still top of their game, evil enemy-of course, jedi mind tricks-these pilots can perform like it real & natural, light sabers- 1653862855565.png

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So fast flying machines-fighter jets, space aliens-Tom Cruise, far out plot-past prime fighter jocks still top of their game, evil enemy-of course, jedi mind tricks-these pilots can perform like it real & natural, light sabers- View attachment 199513
You've been all about the 'light sabers' since your roadside find haven't you :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The cheese factor is probably the biggest appeal for me. It was strong with the first one.
Don't lie. We know you're looking forward to seeing your favorite near geriatric scientologist playing top less volleyball again :ROFLMAO:

80malibootay

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 12, 2022
Got home 20 minutes ago from seeing this movie. It was superb. What’s crazy is me and my lady watched top gun part 1 maybe a month and a half ago with no idea they had this coming anytime soon. Side note, the movie let out at 10:30 and I spent about 30 minutes plus roaming a neighborhood or 2 on a tip that some elderly man had a hurst olds and 442 sitting in his driveway. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Just got home from the movies. No real spoilers here. Except to say- George Lucas had the idea nearly 50 years ago. You'll see when you get there. :)

If you liked the first movie, you'll like this one for sure. In some ways it's a bit better, maybe because familiarity, but in other ways it's a tad off the bubble. Just a tad with just the right amount of cheese. Regardless, it's Hollywood, so there's that. Press the "I believe" button and everything will be alright. Was kinda nice to see Iceman and Maverick together again.

By the end, it should have pulled out every emotion you have.

BTW, Jennifer Connelly is STILL looking pretty good after all these years.

top-gun-e1563520027683.jpg
that's a guy!!!!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor