ATT: DRAG RACERS...new product!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2O gbodies

Apprentice
May 2, 2009
I was wondering if there is any interest in a serpentine mount bracket kit for a Moroso style vaccum pump? I was thinking of having about 10 or more kits routed on the CNC-10 or more kits gets the price for one down to $210 each. They look like this:

I had a lot of interest in this bracket kit I designed. It's is specifically designed for a Moroso vacuum pump and uses a stock type GM RH serpentine bracket w/smog pump provision-found on countless serpentine vehicles in any boneyard. The idea is to maintain a vacuum on the crankcase to aid in "pulling" the piston back down it's cylinder, thus freeing up parasitic drag hp.

The material is 6061 T6 aluminum and is cut using a CNC water jet machine. Amount of vacuum generated depends on pulley diameter in relation to the crank-Moroso recommends a 4 to 1 pulley ratio-and the pump I used has an RPM ceiling of 1850 RPM's. Other things that need to be used in conjunction with this is an oil accumulator with a breather, the valve covers should be outfitted with a fitting to the pump, then the pump to the accumulator, then finally a drainback line from the accumulator back to the motor.

PM me or shoot your questions here...I had a lot of projects in my shop over the years and a lot of it involved designing parts nobody else offers.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
I was careful to design my PCV system because a vacuum on the crankcase can be beneficial for HP. In drag racing, every little bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor