AutoCAD 2013 I need help Import motor part

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
Hey guys. I'm currently in my 1st month of the Precision Machinest course at my local collge. We have the ability to download the AutoCAD 2013 program on our home computers to design a computer blueprint for any design we wish to build. I know I am far from having the experiance to even attemp to machine a rotor but I'm hoping to gain skill on this program between now and December.

My main question is does any on have the speific dimensions of a rotor so I can begin to build a 3d blueprint to have for when I do go to build a rotor?

I'll need the length from the x,y and z axies(?) and the over length. I know a triangle has to have a total of 360o but I'm getting thrown off by the curve in the rotor design. Any dimensions will help a lot.

I'm also willing to attemp to create a 3d blue print for any part for our motors such as pistons with a high compression ration that I could fit into my 350.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
84cutlassjuggalo said:
My main question is does any on have the speific dimensions of a rotor so I can begin to build a 3d blueprint to have for when I do go to build a rotor?

I've used AutoCad since it was available in DOS release 12 (circa 1990) and from my experience, is cumbersome at best for 3D applications. It's great for 2D though.....With that aside, unless you have a source within GM, engineering drawings and models are very hard to get and you might be better off just buying a rotor so you can measure it. If I had the assignment, I would do a simple plastic part (trim bezel, fuctional part, Cutlass seat chrome etc) that has been discontinued.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
We don't have to do any cnc machining for a few months but I'm hoping to get a head of my class. I'm trying to build the rotor as a side project but I do have a SBC350 I'll be rebuilding so I may just try to measure the rods and try to make up some blueprints of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor