autometer fuel gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979elcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver Island
so i've installed all new gauges and all of them work except the fuel gauge. what's happening is it won't read past half it it reads backwards... i've got a good knowledge of 12vdc systems and i've installed a brand new painless harness so all the wires are marked. i've got the gauge properly grouded to a chassis ground, the fuel tank is full and before i call autometer i figured maybe i can look for some help here.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
did you install a new sending unit?

if the ohm range on the gauge is different from the ohm range on the sending unit it will not read correct.
i know that sunpro fuel gauges operate on a 240 ohm - 29 ohm range. the stock sending unit operates from 0 - 90 ohms.

see what the ohm range is on the fuel gauge. you may need to match it with a new sending unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor