Automotive Stereotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Not trying to be political, but I saw this Volvo a few weeks back and giggled. Illinois, brown crappy volvo, bernie stickers. Kinda the quintessential stereotype car.

Just wondering if anyone has any other examples of automotive stereotypes, cars that have reputations and owners that fit them, ect. Priuses with eco stickers, subaru's with owners who vape, big truck drivers who are married to their cousins, ect.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I knew a guy that put a TPI 305 with a T-5 into Volvo 240 sedan with a pair of glass packs. That car surprised a lot of people.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
My personal favorite, the vast majority of people believe that all cars on big wheels are slow, which couldn't be further from the truth.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I used to be one of those guys, untill I saw an 80's caprice run 11 flat on 24's lol
He'd be in the low 10's with the right tire...

Hey what about Hondas and the VW's with their fart cans and cut springs :mrgreen:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
He'd be in the low 10's with the right tire...

Hey what about Hondas and the VW's with their fart cans and cut springs :mrgreen:
Different strokes for different folks that's all. Most people assume because I have a Monte Carlo that i listen to wanker music. I actually have a mullet wig as a joke because of this stereo type haha

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Well over here in the gbody capitol(LOS ANGELES)our gbodies have always been associated with low riders which are associated with "gang bangers" and all that comes along with that...and my response to this "stereotype"----AINT NOTHING BUT A "G" THANG BEBE!!!---

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Lotsa stereotypes out there.

2nd + gen Camaro owners and mullets

1st gen Camaro / Mustang owners who think they have the worlds best car ever made ( toss in vette owners as well ) but are the first to leave the carshow as soon as it clouds over because they cant get their car wet !

Jeep TJ / Renegade owners with 30"+ wheels, lift kits and 4wd who park them in the winter ( I have 2 friends that do this )

Hillbillies = who drive anything with brass/chrome nuts off the trailer hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor