Aux input add on to stock radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty1987

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2017
20180515_184308.jpg
I wasnt sure where to post this, so i thought i would just post here, does anyone know or have added an aux input to a stock cutlass radio??

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
There is a dealer/seller on E-bay that modifies our radio's for aux input. He also does Bluetooth also. Not sure what his name but he can be found. FYI a later model GM radio with cd player is another option too.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I got a tape deck, I have no issue with those headphone/cassette adapters. You will need a working tape deck though, that can be the problem lol. My junkyard source is late 80s-mid 90s FWD GM. Cutlass Sierra, Chevy Celebrity, etc. I got my kinda rare badass (for the time, for a factory GM radio) 5 band EQ radio for 23 bucks out of a Celebrity. Had to take half the damn dash apart, but even in poor shape they're selling for double or triple what I paid for it on the internet. And, hey for 23 bucks it works. I need speakers, the radio needs taken apart and the heads cleaned, new belt, but it's 30 years old.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I got a tape deck, I have no issue with those headphone/cassette adapters. You will need a working tape deck though, that can be the problem lol. My junkyard source is late 80s-mid 90s FWD GM. Cutlass Sierra, Chevy Celebrity, etc. I got my kinda rare badass (for the time, for a factory GM radio) 5 band EQ radio for 23 bucks out of a Celebrity. Had to take half the damn dash apart, but even in poor shape they're selling for double or triple what I paid for it on the internet. And, hey for 23 bucks it works. I need speakers, the radio needs taken apart and the heads cleaned, new belt, but it's 30 years old.
Yeah, you picked basically the WORST car to pull a radio from (2nd only to LHs). the problem with cassette adapters is the frequency response (or lackthereof) with digital media. Compressed music is bad enough as it is.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Cutty1987

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2017
There is a dealer/seller on E-bay that modifies our radio's for aux input. He also does Bluetooth also. Not sure what his name but he can be found. FYI a later model GM radio with cd player is another option too.

I wanted to try and leave the old school radio, but will look into that also

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
This will actually work?? For this radio?
Yes, as long as it can receive FM. I have one that I move from vehicle to vehicle, so I can leave my radios stock. They work quite well, and they even sell this type of device at Walmart now.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor