Status
Not open for further replies.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
ok come on guys, did any of u watch the oscars last night. Did any of ya see how rigged the sh*t was, seriously how can that show thats been running for 81 years now award a movie that well to be completely honest ive never heard of with best picture, best director, the film only made like 15M at the box office. All someone has to do is look at avatar the highest grossing, most expensive movie ever made too. Seriouslly james cameron made aliens, abyss, terminator 1 and 2, true lies, titanic, and they **** him like they did at the ceremony what a ****ing joke. Anyone else agree? and who the **** is jeff bridges and crazy heart sounds really ****ing gay. I iddnt even see terminator salvation or sam worthington get nominated, or how about christian bales performance.

fortunately, box office receipts aren't the primary consideration for the oscars. That's what crud like the people's choice and MTV movie awards are for. But yeah, all the awards shows are crap in one way or another. Besides he got his for Titanic didn't he?

Have you actually seen The Hurt Locker? Its a pretty damn good movie. I skipped Avatar because quite frankly it looked and sounded lame to me all around. And that was before I saw this:

4245957438_12633077a5.jpg

:mrgreen:

Glad to see that Avatar didn't win. To me, it looked like a cheesy, canned story line that was written as an afterthought while the main reason for the film was to showcase special effects. Oh. Wait. It's James Cameron, so that is a no brainer like observing that the sky is blue and water is wet. I would be more interested in the remake of Alice in Wonderland than Avatar. At least it was written well.

BTW, the Avatar=Pocahontas thing is hilarious!

1986montecarlols said:
...and who the **** is jeff bridges... I iddnt even see terminator salvation or sam worthington get nominated, or how about christian bales performance.

You don't know who Jeff Bridges is?
He's the ****ing man, go watch The Big Lebowski...

Don't even get me started on how bad Terminator: Salvation was... Jesus Christ, what a terrible ****ing movie.

You clearly have no taste.

I lol'd when I read the Pocahontas/Avatar deal... :lol:

The Dude abides....

Attachments

• IMG_2806.JPG
    IMG_2806.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2826.JPG
    IMG_2826.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 135
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I would be more interested in the remake of Alice in Wonderland than Avatar. At least it was written well.

Went and saw that last weekend (girl friend and my mom wanted to go so I had no choice) while the story was good I could not help but think about screwed up they had to be when coming up with ideas for this movie. There were parts where I swear the only way things would make sense is if you were on acid while watching it.

rebelgtp said:
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I would be more interested in the remake of Alice in Wonderland than Avatar. At least it was written well.
There were parts where I swear the only way things would make sense is if you were on acid while watching it.

Well that's how it was written 😀 ... the on drugs part....

Avatar was good looking, but that's it. The storyline was cheesy and incredibly unoriginal.

And what difference does it make if you've never seen the movie that won? It's a contest of which movie was the best, not which was the most popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor