AzzHoles selling cars with no TITLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontesbyE

Greasemonkey
Sep 12, 2020
North Carolina
Tis the season I suppose, seems everywhere I look there is a clown selling a car with no title. I'm not understanding the concept. Had my time wasted by a couple *ss hats this week.
Here's a grand idea, wait for said title to come in the mail. Then list the ****ing car for sale. Because that yard art you have isn't worth sh*t until you have the TITLE!!! Vent..............

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Some states dont require a title over a certain amount of years old which doesnt help, but I figure if there is no title likely there is a lean against the car somewhere. With alot of places shut down you will see more of this kind of thing until the economy improves.

Reactions: 1 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
No title needed on cars 15 years old, or older here.
If I want to buy the POS Buick in the hedgerow, hand 'em cash and tow it home.
Bill of sale and off to the DMV I go.
Y'all have too many rules, man............

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
How does the no title thing work if you try to license the car in another state? Can you bring a no title car into the state for a day, claim it's been there for years and then register and go?

I agree titles for old cars are annoying but its the annoying system we deal with.

No title needed on cars 15 years old, or older here.
If I want to buy the POS Buick in the hedgerow, hand 'em cash and tow it home.
Bill of sale and off to the DMV I go.
Y'all have too many rules, man............

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I guess I feel more comfortable with titles being required than not if I had a choice, our cars are older but unless it’s maybe a 30’s or even 50’s car, a title seems like a reasonable thing that a responsible person would have and keep.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
My brother had a helluva time in CO trying to get his AMX registered because they wanted to see the VIN match the title. The title is clean from MD, BUT the VIN on the shocktower didn't line up. Maybe the car got hit in the front? Who knows? Went through in MN no problem.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
My brother had a helluva time in CO trying to get his AMX registered because they wanted to see the VIN match the title. The title is clean from MD, BUT the VIN on the shocktower didn't line up. Maybe the car got hit in the front? Who knows? Went through in MN no problem.

Lol, in MN you damn near can buy a 97 cavalier, cut the vin off, weld it onto a 67 camaro and you are free to drive. It will just take 6 months to get any proof of ownership because MNLARS (the license and registration system) is a internal state developed software and sucks.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

I'm about to face that process since MI is gonna want me to walk in the front door to get a title and seeing how I live in CO that's gonna be a bit of a challenge. The VIN verification process concerns me a bit not knowing enough about it, but I am starting with a legit title in hand from my dad so hoping it goes nice and easy.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
No title? No thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I guess if you’re buying the car to part it out really no sense in transferring the title and wasting the money
If you’re buying it to use as a race car only no sense in transferring the title especially if it’s a dirt car easy to make the vin disappears
If you plan on putting the car on the street or flipping it for a profit then it’s a no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor