B&M Prostick problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2019
BC Canada
Hey all,
When i bought my cutlass it already had the prostick installed, but the reverse lockout detent has never worked in it. It requires 2 hands to go into reverse or park as you need to hold the lockout in place. Is it not supposed to have a detent that holds the reverse lockout tab in place so you only have to use one hand (2 steps). I cant find much info on assembly of them to see what it is missing. I plan on tearing it apart anyways but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
In the few times Ive had to contact B&M, they have been Extremely Helpful.

1-866-464-6553

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
If I am reading right, you understand how it SHOULD work. I had the hurst quarter stick in my car for 20 years and like you describe you could hit the reverse lockout with your right hand and then reach up and push the stick forward. Once you popped the reverse lockout lever the shifter moved forward slightly to keep it lifted so you could then just push the stick forward to reverse. Then you squeezed the trigger to go to park.

Skippy

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2019
BC Canada
If I am reading right, you understand how it SHOULD work. I had the hurst quarter stick in my car for 20 years and like you describe you could hit the reverse lockout with your right hand and then reach up and push the stick forward. Once you popped the reverse lockout lever the shifter moved forward slightly to keep it lifted so you could then just push the stick forward to reverse. Then you squeezed the trigger to go to park.
That is correct, but in my case when push the lockout lever, it does not stay lifted and springs back making it impossible to do one handed.

Last edited:

Skippy

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2019
BC Canada
In the few times Ive had to contact B&M, they have been Extremely Helpful.

1-866-464-6553

-Gonz
Called and in this case wasn’t much help, the fella had a hard time understanding what I was saying and told me to contact shifterdoc.com for parts and rebuild info. But they only supply hurst parts, not b&m.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor