B&M shifter bracket work with factory shifter cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
i have a b&m shifter on my 85' 442, i replacing it with the factory floor shifter, being that it sems like the b&m shifter cable wont work with the factory shifter i went out and bought the factory cable, now im wundering if i will have to replace the bracket on the transmission that the cable hooks up to?

:?

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
If I am not mistaken I think the only problem is where the cable end goes through the bracket. Not sure though I bought the b&m bracket and ended up finding the stock bracket while trying to get everything to work right.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
84cutspreme said:
If I am not mistaken I think the only problem is where the cable end goes through the bracket. Not sure though I bought the b&m bracket and ended up finding the stock bracket while trying to get everything to work right.

Where did you find the stock bracket?

varns1985442

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
SD
the stock brakets look like the ones you can buy from b&m or hurst i dont think the stock cables will work with the b&m shifter

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
varns1985442 said:
the stock brakets look like the ones you can buy from b&m or hurst i dont think the stock cables will work with the b&m shifter

You dont thing the stock shifter cable will work with the bracket from the b&m shifter?
I'm really asking about the stock cable and the b&m bracket.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
88hurstolds said:
I believe you'd need a stock bracket, how about posting some photos or trying to fit it?

i have not tried to fit it yet, i was going to bring the car to my mechanic, cause im not sure how dificult it is to get to it, is it an easy thing to get to? if so i will get down there and check it out.
and if i was to have to get the factory bracket, where can i buy one?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Mechanic?!?!? = waste of time and manhood :lol:
These cars are extremely easy to work on and it's about the most simplest thing to do... and figure out, don't be like the one guy here who freaked out everytime his car was broke and wanted people to fix it for him via keyboard. :lol:
I'll never bring a car to a mechanic and I'm no where even close to being one myself.
Intuition, ingenuity and a simple set of tools... that's all you need.
Give it a whirl, let us know if you smash your thumb... :lol: jk

You can get a bracket here, took me 2 seconds to google, i'm sure you can find cheaper if you take the time:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GRAND-NA ... _707wt_692

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor