B&M shifter + reverse lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
The Monte(81 LS) has a B&M Pro Stick and I would like to get the reverse lights working. There are 2 red wires with female connectors down at the base of the Pro Stick. Do the green wires from the reverse lights get spliced into 1 wire that goes to the shifter switch? If that's the case, I assume the second red wire would've for the safety switch?
IMG_20200425_162621.jpg
IMG_20200425_162641.jpg

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yep! Got one of them. Not sure if both red wires go to it, or just one of them.
There will be a separate switch for neutral safety. Basically all you're doing is wiring that switch inline with your reverse light wiring (should be a green wire). It's a normally open circuit until you engage reverse which closes the switch.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Dont know if this helps but this if what I did with my B&M shifter. You'll probably have to adjust the tang on the micro switch after you get it wired.

IMG_2494.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Keep in mind that the reverse lights need voltage to the switch. So, if one of your reds is ignition hot, then the other probably goes to the green for the lights. Throw a 5a blade fuse across them, and turn the key on. If the lights come on, throw them both to the switch. If the fuse blows, further investigation is required.

Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the back up lights wires are blue and green, the blue being the switched hot wire. If you still have the linkage from the column to the transmission the switch on the column near the firewall will still work. If you don't have the linkage you may have to turn the column near the dash counter clockwise by had to remove the key

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
Awesome! I will take a look. I might peel the carpet back to see what wires are going to those red ones.

Reactions: 1 user

Fishbait17

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2019
Those red wire might be a neutral safety switch the stock wires for the revers light are on the top of the column there should be a green and a blue wire. Good way to test, put the wire ends together if the car doesn't start that thats the natural safety switch if the reverse light come on thats the reverse wires.

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
Well... Decided to look under the carpet first. Kind of glad I did! 😋 I did notice a blue wire that was cut when I was under there. I'll have to take a better look and trace it. Then, should I splice both reverse light wires to one of the red wires?

Attachments

• IMG_20200917_175556.jpg
    IMG_20200917_175556.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 385
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor