Back Glass: 1978 Malibu A-Body Coupe (Non-Landau, Non-Vinyl Top)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slalom4me

n00b
Apr 13, 2020
Is there a source for new Back Glass for 78-81 A-Body Coupes (Malibu/LeMans), or is it still necessary to search out good used glass?

Shaded w/ heater element is preferred if there is a choice. My car has the basic 2-door B-Pillar, not the Landau-style if this affects Back Glass selection.

If used is the only option, I am already aware of Hollander.com, Car-Part.com and eBay, thanks to earlier posts about glass I came across here on GBF.

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Is there a source for new Back Glass for 78-81 A-Body Coupes (Malibu/LeMans), or is it still necessary to search out good used glass?

Shaded w/ heater element is preferred if there is a choice. My car has the basic 2-door B-Pillar, not the Landau-style if this affects Back Glass selection.

If used is the only option, I am already aware of Hollander.com, Car-Part.com and eBay, thanks to earlier posts about glass I came across here on GBF.

Try this.You can buy without install.
https://windshieldstogo.com/wizard/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhK7tl5rn6AIVD77ACh3OOQxiEAMYASAAEgK5APD_BwE

May be a little pricey but I entered some data and it gave me a price for 78 Malibu back glass - new.

Slalom4me

n00b
Apr 13, 2020
Thank you for the link and for checking availability.

Local/regional glass vendors here have said several times that A-Body glass is unavailable from their dist.

Encouraging to see WtG suggest that they have access to inventory. Skepticism bred from previous disappointment prompted me to test for a couple of other vehicles (C4 Corvette, Alfa GTV) to see whether WtG just says 'Yes' to all inquiries - but, nope, they don't claim to have back glass for everything.

Since I am in Canada, I used a MT Zip at first, then I tried my Postal Code, then I tried a made-up code. Each time, the quote was the same - a bit over $400 for glass only, a bit over $500 installed. Since the installed $$ doesn't change, maybe shipping is included in the uninstalled price? (Seems unlikely.)

Time to call or write.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor