Back seat refurb and new upholstery

Status
Not open for further replies.

craulston

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2021
I hope to get started on the refurb of the interior of my 79 Monte early next year. I have been looking for either a new back seat or someone who can refurb it for me and match what I'm trying to do in the front.

Can anyone recommend an Upholstery Shop that can do this? I'm in Ohio, not opposed to traveling a bit or shipping it.

Thanks in advance!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I recently installed some burgundy Curello buckets in my Regal and I looked into getting my rear seat upholstered locally and got prices between $1,000-1,200 just for the back seat and that is with me supplying the material and the problem with local places is they don't have templates for the seat design for our cars (at least around here) and they have to make the whole thing from scratch using your seat.
So I went a different route and ordered a full set front and rear upholstery for $590 to my door from Stock Interiors.com and they have the correct matching burgundy material and when it gets here I will R & R the backseat myself, (backseats are really easy) and sell the front upholstery cheap.
On a side note anytime I install buckets in a Gbody I use Gbody power bases on both seats so that the seat can sit lower than a manual set up plus the other adjustments come in handy.

IMG_20210821_185409972.jpg
IMG_20210821_185442496.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

craulston

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2021
So I recently installed some burgundy Curello buckets in my Regal and I looked into getting my rear seat upholstered locally and got prices between $1,000-1,200 just for the back seat and that is with me supplying the material and the problem with local places is they don't have templates for the seat design for our cars (at least around here) and they have to make the whole thing from scratch using your seat.
So I went a different route and ordered a full set front and rear upholstery for $590 to my door from Stock Interiors.com and they have the correct matching burgundy material and when it gets here I will R & R the backseat myself, (backseats are really easy) and sell the front upholstery cheap.
On a side note anytime I install buckets in a Gbody I use Gbody power bases on both seats so that the seat can sit lower than a manual set up plus the other adjustments come in handy.

View attachment 182455 View attachment 182456
Thanks for the tip! Interior looks great!

old fool

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2021
If your close to some Amish they do pretty good work and arent that expensive

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana

View attachment 182455 View attachment 182456
A few questions. Where did you get the power bases and how much weight did it add to both seats?
And I assume just a hot and ground needed for operation. Looks very good!!!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
A few questions. Where did you get the power bases and how much weight did it add to both seats?
And I assume just a hot and ground needed for operation. Looks very good!!!
These are factory driver's side power bases for Gbody 60/40 seats I just modify them to work with the Cerullo buckets, on my Monte the controls are mounted in the front on both seats because of the side roll bars.
As far as weight I am maybe adding 10-15 lbs? to the seats. Never weighed them.
The seats themselves are very light so compared to just having a factory power seat I have less weight.
Yes, just a hot and ground for operation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor