BUILD THREAD BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL=re creating my first car a 1979 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
If you watched my video, my 79 Buick Turbo Century is not buildable. So with all these Buick parts laying here including a turbo V6, I decided to build a resto mod recreation of my 1979 Regal 2 door I drove to high school. My car was a 79 Limited with power everything, V8/auto, chrome 14" Buick ralleys, and crushed velour pillow back seats. It was dark brown with a tan landau vinyl top. I knew one day I'd build a 78-80 Regal to paint up like my first car. I have gathered a few misc parts from 78-80 cars through the years including the 14" chrome ralleys. I knew of a Regal back half at a salvage in Pryor. The salvage owner actually bought my 78 Salon. I drove there this morning to check it out. I now own it. I believe it is an 80. The header was inside another car but got it with it. I'll need both front fenders and inner fenders but I know where those are. This car was getting crushed so I saved it. The keys are also there which is cool. I know some of you guys will think it's junk and your right. I don't have $1500 to go buy a runner/driver. I like building stuff from junk. He told me $250 but after negotiating, it's $150. I'll pay more for fenders and inner fenders but that's OK. I should be all in with complete body for under $500. The floors look like some clean up and POR15 will fix them. There are a few small holes that I will patch with steel first though. Just going to basically put it together and use it for a work car for now. When my 55 is finished, I'll tear it apart for restoration. Anyway, here it is. WARNING = the video your about to see is graphic and a damn shame. But I can fix it

Reactions: 14 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I. like. you.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Cool project Danny. Looking forward to seeing the progress. I've been enjoying your videos on the 55 and the other cars you built.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
So will it be turned into a "aero" with the Century's roof or just staying as GM built it?
I was wondering the same thing. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor