back window moulding 1980 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Hey guys when they tried to steal my car they tried to pry open the back window and damaged the bottom moulding and the trim pieces that goes right behind the drivers door does anyone have these pieces or point me in the right direction my wonderful insurance company MPI is saying discontinued part so they are will to pay me out the last known price of the part so that is like 20 bucks ha ha . The stupid window does not even roll down so not sure why they tried to pry it open any help would be appreciated thanks nd have a good day Jeff from Winnipeg the only idiot on this forum that uses his real name haha

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Hey guys when they tried to steal my car they tried to pry open the back window and damaged the bottom moulding and the trim pieces that goes right behind the drivers door does anyone have these pieces or point me in the right direction my wonderful insurance company MPI is saying discontinued part so they are will to pay me out the last known price of the part so that is like 20 bucks ha ha . The stupid window does not even roll down so not sure why they tried to pry it open any help would be appreciated thanks nd have a good day Jeff from Winnipeg the only idiot on this forum that uses his real name haha
Picture? Coupe or 4 door?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Picture? Coupe or 4 door?
His car the azzbags tried to steal is a 1980 442, same as a Calais since that's what it's based on. Only version his model came in is a coupe. They hadn't made a 4-door 442 since 1964. :)

I'm assuming it's the trim around the rear quarter window with the seal. Like in this picture.

20170312_145219.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I've talked with Jeff, we basically live next door to each other. I have access to the parts just need to get there to pull them.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I have a sh**t load of trim, never toss it but unfortunately not the ones needed for here. But good that you located what is needed.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor